DISABILITY SUPPORTWe work with a variety of individuals
24-HOUR LIVE-IN CAREWe offer professional help and support
24-HOUR CALL OUTOur staff can be reached at any time of day
Dementia Care in Essex
Dementia refers to a range of symptoms, including loss of memory and difficulty communicating, that can affect us as we get older. Dementia is a degenerative condition that can be manageable with the proper care. However, this condition can rapidly deteriorate, and for any loved one providing care, it can become stressful and traumatic. In such cases, we can provide care for dementia that allows those living with the condition to remain in their homes. Let us look at what dementia care at home can offer.
What is Dementia Care?
Dementia care support is designed to help those suffering from a wide range of symptoms. Care for dementia is tailored for each individual to get the exact level of support they need. Services include help with medication, reassurance, assistance with meals, therapeutic care, and continence care. All of our carers are fully trained and knowledgeable in dementia care and can provide hourly, overnight, or live-in care. Our aim is to ensure that each patient receives the right amount of care so they can live their lives to the fullest.
What is Dementia Care at Home?
Home care for dementia patients allows them to receive support in familiar and comfortable surroundings. Having to move to another home or care facility can be confusing and distressing for someone who has dementia. Home care allows those living with the condition to remain within their own community and family. For those living alone, it can also provide companionship and help reduce feelings of isolation. Finally, it gives structure to each person’s day and helps them maintain good nutrition and hydration. Home dementia care support helps those suffering from dementia symptoms manage their treatment without stress and discomfort.
What Can Carers Do for Dementia Patients?
Some of the common tasks that carers can help dementia patients with are:
- Getting in and out of bed and moving around the house.
- Assistance with putting on and taking off clothing.
- Cooking and preparing meals, as well as offering healthy and nutritious choices.
- Preparation and assistance with medication and healthy living.
- Continence care and assistance with bathroom usage.
- Personal care such as bathing, shaving, and so on.
- Ensuring the home is safe and free of obstacles or any dangerous objects.
- Support and encouragement if the individual is feeling confused or upset.
- Helping with activities such as exercise, hobbies, and socialising.
- Performing or assisting with housework, pet care, shopping, and other daily duties.
- Diffusing situations where the individual feels distressed and acts aggressively.
- General companionship for those living on their own.
Michael Rgis Dementia Care in Essex
If this sounds like something that you would like to learn more about, feel free to get in touch or continue your research about the costs and benefits for your loved ones.
Here at Michael Rgis Care, our team of carers have extensive training and experience in dementia care. They provide support for dementia patients as well as any loved ones living with them. They know how to calm stressful situations and can ensure the best quality care and comfort during each visit. Get in touch with us today to find out more.